Drains often get blocked especially in monsoon season. For this, the foul smell comes and many types of diseases spread. So, we have to adopt some measures in order to get rid of blocked drains.
How Do The Drains Get Blocked?
Drains Often Get Blocked Due To Many Factors. Some Of The Reasons Are Stated Below:
- During spring and autumn season especially, natural debris like leaves and shrubs of the plant is another cause for the blockage of drain.
- Grease and fat in the kitchen sink is another root cause for the blockage. After washing the utensils, the leftover grease and fats stick to the pipes and after a few days, all the fats gather and ultimately become the reason for the blockage in drains.
- Drains experienced severe blockage, especially during the monsoon season. Drains don’t have the capacity to hold water, thus it gets blocked easily.
- If the pipe is poorly constructed, then ample chances are there to which causes blockages. So, this leads to an incorrect way of flowing water.
- Some people have a habit of dissolving toiletries in the drains. They flush the sanitary napkins, the nappy pads of the babies and other materials, dirt with hair too in the drains. This causes a terrible problem and ultimately leads to the blocking of drains.
What Are The Solutions To Fixing Blocked Drains?
Blocked Drains creates a serious problem, a proper solution is needed to fix these problems. Especially in the early morning when you have to complete your cooking and go to the office. In such situations here are some of the solutions
One of the easiest and simplest ways is to boil the water and pour it into the drain. But be careful, you can try this remedy only on the hard metal sink or on ceramic pipe, don’t use boiling water in PVC pipes, it might melt your pipe. The boiling water will remove the fat and grease, but if you are thinking of removing the solid substances, then this one will not work.
DIY Drain Cleaner
With the help of vinegar and baking soda, you can prepare a DIY Cleaner at your home. Just pour this solution in the blocked drain, and cover it in order to prevent the bubbling in the pipe. The oxygen is produced in the solution and helps the drain to get rid of the blockage. You might have to repeat the process 2 to 3 times to get free of the blockage finally. After that pour some hot water to clear out the residue which might remain in the drain.
A plunger is a useful item for removing the blockage from blocked drains. First, cover any overflow sprouts before plunging, then only you will receive a strong seal. Give pressure with the plunger up and down, then the solid particles which are present will drain down from your sink. Then the water can pass smoothly as it is effective for the removal of solid ones.
It is better to purchase a Caustic Cleaner from your market. It is not environment friendly, so you have to use it wisely. But the chemicals which are present in the Caustic Cleaner are very useful to dissolve the unwanted particles, hairs, fat or grease, etc. Be careful to protect your hand and face, this might burn your skin. After this, pour boiling water in the drain. The blocked drain will work smoothly.
Hopefully, this article will guide you to deal with your problem. These safety measures will help you to get rid of blocked drains.