The bad old days when one had to wear glasses to correct eye vision and look geek are gone. Contact lenses have captured the market and have become very popular among all genders and age groups. Contact lenses are best choice for corrective wear of an eye vision. Unlike the glasses contact lenses are much more comfortable and they are not visible to anyone. You get wide range of option when it comes to contact lenses in terms of making and color. You can choose from colored to non-colored lenses depending on the lens power that you have. In addition, there is also a need to check whether you are comfortable to disposable or non-disposable lens.
Types Of Contact Lenses As Per Material
- Soft Lenses: These lenses are soft and gel like; they are made from water containing plastics which are known as hydrogels. These lenses thin and they are very comfortable to wear.
- Silicone Hydrogel Lenses: They are made using advanced soft gel material and they allow allows more oxygen to pass. They are one of the most powerful types of lenses as they keep the eyes in good health. Therefore, these lenses are very much in demand. But they have very short life span.
- Gas Permeable Lenses. These lenses are also known as GP or RGP lenses. Unlike the above two lenses they are rigid contact lenses. They are smaller in diameter and are made of highly oxygen-permeable materials. These lenses can be used for much longer period of time than soft lenses. These lenses last for around years and they can also transmit oxygen to a large extent. They provide clear vision and your cornea remains safe as you wear these lenses.
- Hybrid Contact Lenses: They too are rigid lenses and they also have a rigid gas permeable central zone. These gas centres are surrounded by hydrogel or silicone hydrogel material. You can call them a blend of soft and gas permeable lenses because of the comfort and structure.
- MMA Lenses: They are made of plastic, but they are rigid contact lenses that look like GP lenses. These lenses were replaced by gas lenses and are not used any more.
Types Of Contact Lenses As Per Wearing Time
When it comes to wearing you get two categories of contact lenses which are:
- Extended Wear Contact Lenses: These are the lenses than can be worn even when sleeping but they come with expiry date. These lenses are also known as continuous wear as they are worn 24 hours. Usually they are required to be changed every 30 days.
Types Of Contact Lenses As Per Expiry
All the lenses have expiry date and to avoid any type of infection you must follow it strictly and change them as and when required.
Soft gel lenses have to be replaced frequently here are some of the soft lenses on the basis of their expiry:
- Daily disposable lenses: These lenses are to be replaced on daily basis, after each day of usage.
- Disposable lenses: These have to be replaced every 15 days.
- Frequent replacement lenses: These lenses are to be replaced ever month or in every three months.
- Traditional lenses: These lenses are replaced every 6 months.
These were some different types of contact lenses based on different categories. You can choose the one that fits in your budget and is effective to your eyes. It is very important to find out your initial comfort level of wearing lenses. Also, the regular maintenance routine for disposable and non-disposable lenses is quite different so you need to choose accordingly. You can connect to online fashion stores also to get the desired return.