You cannot complete your household task without a water heater, and you need to keep it operational by maintaining your water heater on regular basis. A water heater can last for 8-12 years, but you need to employ the services of a plumber to maintain your heater. Leakages in your water heater not only can ruin your day, but it is quite dangerous for your family. So, if you face such issue in your home then you must call plumbers immediately to fix the issue.
Before you call a plumber to fix your water heater, you need to detect the exact issue. There are some probable reasons for leakages, and you need to check the drain valves to detect such leakages. If the water is leaking from the bottom of your heater, then it must a reason of your broken valve and you can call a plumber to replace this valve to fix this issue.
Apart From That, You Can Face Leakages Due To Following Reasons:
- Are you using your heater frequently? Sediment builds up inside the tank can leak the water heater and you can find some cracks and holes on your tank. You need to hire professional plumbers to clean your tank in every six months. You are using the water from this tank to cook your food and clean your utensils, and such corrosion can spread some germs in your food. So, you need to clean the tank on time. Still, if you find cracks and holes in your tank then you have to replace your water heater with a new one.
- Wear and tear can loosen your pipelines and you need to check the inlet and outlet of your heater. You can find some leakages in these areas, and you can easily tighten such valves to fix the issue. If you do not have a proper wrench to fix this issue, then call a plumber.
- Valves installed in your water heater can regulate the temperature of the water coming out from your connected taps, and you can face inadequate water pressure in your kitchen. There might be a leak in your valve, and you need to check such leakages fix such issues.
It is true that there are multiple reasons for a leakage in your water heater and you cannot find them easily. In this case, you can hire plumbers to repair your heater in a proper way.
Steps That You Need To Follow Before You Call A Plumber:
Before you call a plumber to fix your water heater, you need to switch off the main power of your heater. You need to turn off the energy source of your water heater.
- If you have a gas water heater then you can check the thermostat and you will find a knob in your thermostat. You can switch it off and shut off the gas supply to your heater.
- In the case of electric heater, you can find a water heater symbol in your bucket panel, and you can turn off the heater by pressing this option. Else, simply turn off the power supply of your heater from the main switch.
Before you call a plumber, you should drain the tank of your heater. Water stored in your tank can leak continuously and it will damage the floor and walls of your kitchen. So, drain out the water from your tank. In this case, you can attach a garden hose with the valve located at the bottom of your heater and drain out the water from your tank.